Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Thought You Were Jesus

One night a man was walking down the street when he was suddenly attacked by a group of thugs.  He was beaten, dragged into an alley and left for dead.  As he was lying bleeding on the ground, he looked up into the dim amber light in the alley and saw the face of another looking at him.  He felt the touch of someone's hands lifting his shoulder.  At that moment, he lost consciousness. 


In the hospital, when he regained consciousness, he remembered the face in the alley and asked, "Is the one who helped me here?  I want to speak to him."  "Yes," the nurse answered, "He is here and has been waiting to see you."  When the man walked into the room, the one who was injured said, "I want to thank you for helping me in the alley this evening and I want to tell you something.  When I looked up into that dim light and saw your face, I thought you were Jesus."  The man smiled and said, "When I heard your voice calling for help, I thought you were Jesus."


Then he will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.”  (Matthew 25:45)

No comments:

Post a Comment